The natives in India and also international vacationers are always on the lookout for something exciting pertaining to the Village Tourism in India. India has become the most popular choice as a holiday destination because of the numerous locations, diverse cultures, and the terrific climate. The most on-demand activities for tourists is trekking and walking. Northern India is the top choice for every tourist for tourists all around the world.
While we do miss the summer beaches and the water sports, monsoon will open a different scope of adventure for your leisure activities. It is time to put on the trekking shoes and see what the best places are during the season of monsoon that is closest to the nature.
The showers are best enjoyed when you are in the lap of Mother Nature on a long trekking camp and enjoy the view from the top. Here is a list of beautiful trekking places near Mumbai.
1. Lohagad: This place is located just beside Lonavala and is the favorite trekking sport for the Maharashtrians during the monsoon season. You get the most exhilarating experience of touching the clouds that makes this location simply enjoyable and memorable. The exuberant view gets a boost with the beautiful Bhaja caves and Pawda pond, which are the perfect picnic spot.
2. Rajmachi: This is one of the famous trekking spots most of the trekking freaks would have heard of. The place is connected to Karjat’s Kondivade village and also with Lonavla. The trek gives one a warm feeling with a lush of green wonderful waterfalls. There are two forts situated on the peak, Shri Vardhan and Manoranjan which are the parts of the history.
3. NaneGhat: It is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range beside Junnar in Pune. NaneGhat is one of the treks found convenient and relaxing, giving some of the best views. It is in fact an ancient trade route used in 200 BCE. The historic gates of that time are still seen at Nane Ghat. The place is situated near the Shivneri Fort that is known for its military fortification.
4. Kamla Fort: This is a perfect one day escapade place that is very close to the city of Panvel, at the end of Navi Mumbai. This hill in Raigad district is a very convenient trekking place. The place is also prominent for the bird sanctuary and also the Kamala fort which has a breath taking view.
5. Vikatgad Fort: Located near Matheran at a distance of 3 to 4 kms from Neral. This trekking experience is recommended to someone who has prior experience or with some experienced trekker. The road to the fort takes about 2 to 4 hours and has a lot of twists and turns. This place gives you the opportunity to view the exclusive scenes of Malanggad in Kalyan, Prabalgad at Panvel, and Chanderi Fort at Neral.
To all the travel freaks from London. If you are planning to come on an adventure tour and booking your flights to India from London make sure that you consider the above mentioned places.