It’s February and it’s the month of love for most people who are engaged in a relationship. Even those who are not, surely feels the need to love and be loved. For romantic men and women, giving flowers and gifts to their special someone is the sweetest thing in mind. I’m sure everyone of us knows the concept of falling in love and everyone of us has his or her own meaning of love. Love is profound in a sense that it begins a relationship, it is never determined to stop a relationship. It is for the two people in love to work it out for a sensible relationship to last.
Where love is the subject, there’s always the relationship to discuss. If you are married like in my case, or in a relationship, you would probably agree when I say that there’s no successful relationship without working at it. I’ve been married for almost eight years now, and the fact that me and hubby Leif are from different planets, Venus and Mars constellated 😆 I could share my humble opinion on maintaining a rock-solid relationship.
1. Give time for your relationship. It is always a good idea to spend quality time together. Leif and I love to watch DVD films together. It is our way of musing the night away with sweet pastries and coffee or wine.
2. Be kind to each other. Little kindness done with ardent willingness counts a lot. Peeling the potatoes for him while he makes our dinner is better that letting him do all alone.
3. Resolve conflict quickly. Misunderstanding and petty quarrels arise in every relationship. The more it lingers, the more it hurts. It’s important to talk about it and find a resolution quickly. I don’t even remember the last time we quarrel :-).
4. Do things together as a couple. If both of you like dancing or singing, go to dance lesson together or do some singing gigs. We both like computer, music and books. But travelling is the best thing that we could do together.
5. Understand the differences. We are all born with differences, whether we are of same culture or not. To understand each other’s differences counts a lot in a relationship. In my case, I understand how Leif snores in bed and this drives me up the wall. I’m sure he understands too why I have hard time getting up in the morning, lol!
People involved in a relationship have always a reflection of what really matters in love. While love sparks this month of love, it always sparks through the years when relationship is being worked out to something good.