I intended to post this Idol Meme by Jessie today as a tribute to my beloved idol who happened to be my father. He was supposed to be celebrating his birthday today, but he stopped filling his birth age since he succumbed to death 19 years ago. Yet, this day is still the day when he was born and we, the bereaved family, have always good reasons to reminisce the days when our father was alive.
Thanks a lot for this meme, Jessie. This makes me easier to pay tribute to my father without crying, I suppose.
1. Who is/are your idol/s?
I idolize some artists but my real life idol is my father.
2. What characteristics that your idol possesses that draws you to him?
My father had always been a loving father. His sense of humor was a spark in our family, a real entertainer. He was helpful in many ways. He cooked better than my mother. He could sing and play the guitar well. He was very thoughtful too.
3. What have you learned from him?
I’ve learned how to play guitar, of course. I’ve also learned to help others the best way I can.
4. Have you applied anything you’ve learned from your idol?
Yes, to the best of my ability :-).
5. What have you taught others based on what you’ve learned from your idol?
Help those who are in need. Never be a procrastinator.
6. What are the things that you don’t like about your idol?
His drinking habit. He could never say no to any drinking spree.
7. Have you done something to correct him?
No. Maybe when he was alive a little longer, I could have done to correct him. I know he would listen to me.
My father, you are always remembered as a thoughtful son, a kind brother, a loving husband and a wonderful father.