Year 2011 is about to end and instead of pondering over some New Year’s resolutions for the year to come, I look back on the events I remember that took place in 2011. I asked myself if there were things worth telling to the growing youngs of the future. I might not have recalled all but these were the events that came into my mind:
- The gigantic tsunami that swept north Japan.
- The Royal Wedding that was witnessed by millions worldwide.
- Osama Bin Ladin’s unexpected defeat and demise.
- The massacre on Utaoya island in Norway.
- 10th Anniversary commemoration of 9/11.
- Death of Apple’s founder, Steve Jobs saddened the world of technology.
- The seven billionth human, a baby girl was born ( in the Philippines).
You could add more and this list would be endless. And every events you add is surely significant and worth to tell in the future. Every year is a history. In a couple of hours, we all be saying goodbye to 2011 but the memories of it will remain.
I think that Moamer Gaddafi death was also a big event, for me, even bigger than Osama death, because I still don`t beliave that Osama is dead ( no hard proof evidence ).
Yes, of course, Gaddafi’s death was also a hit.
Well, what I can say is that the truth will prevail sooner or later.